Current research interests include narcissism, performance under pressure, and subjective well-being.
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Life Satisfaction, Well-Being
- Motivation, Goal Setting
- Personality, Individual Differences
- Self and Identity
Note from the Network: The holder of this profile has certified having all necessary rights, licenses, and authorization to post the files listed below. Visitors are welcome to copy or use any files for noncommercial or journalistic purposes provided they credit the profile holder and cite this page as the source.
- Albarracín, D., Wallace, H. M., Hart, W., & Brown, R. D. (in press). How judgments change following comparison of current and prior information. Basic and Applied Social Psychology.
- Baumeister, R. F., Catanese, K. R., & Wallace, H. M. (2002). Conquest by force: A narcissistic reactance theory of rape and sexual coercion. Review of General Psychology, 6, 92-135.
- Wallace, H. M., & Baumeister, R. F. (2002). Effects of success versus failure feedback on further self-control. Self and Identity, 1, 35-41.
- Wallace, H. M., & Baumeister, R. F. (2002). The performance of narcissists rises and falls with perceived opportunity for glory. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 82, 819-834.
- Wallace, H. M., Baumeister, R. F., & Vohs, K. D. (2005). Audience support and choking under pressure: A home disadvantage? Journal of Sports Sciences, 23, 429-438.
- Wallace, H. M., Chang, M., Carroll, P. J., & Grace, J. (2009). I knew it all along, unless I had to work to learn what I know. Basic and Applied Social Psychology, 31, 32-39.
- Wallace, H. M., Exline, J. J., & Baumeister, R. F. (2008). Interpersonal consequences of forgiveness: Does forgiveness deter or invite repeat offenses? Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 44, 453-460.
- Wallace, H. M., Ready, C. B., & Weitenhagen, E. (2009). Narcissism and task persistence. Self and Identity, 8, 78-93.
- Albarracin, D., Wallace, H. M., & Glasman, L. R. (2004). Survival and change in judgments: A model of activation and comparison. In M. P. Zanna (Ed.), Advances in experimental social psychology (Vol. 36, pp. 251-315). San Diego, CA: Academic Press.
- Marsh, K. L., & Wallace, H. M. (2005). The influence of attitudes on beliefs: Formation and change. In D. Albarracin, B. T. Johnson, & M. P. Zanna (Eds.), The handbook of attitudes (pp. 369-395). Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum.
- Wallace, H. M. (2011). Narcissistic self-enhancement. In W. K. Campbell & J. Miller (Eds.), Handbook of narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder: Theoretical approaches, empirical findings, and treatment (pp. 309-318). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
- Wallace, H. M., & Tice, D. M. (2012). Reflected appraisal through a 21st-century looking glass. In M. R. Leary & J. P. Tangney (Eds.), Handbook of self and identity (Vol. 2, pp. 124-140). New York: Guilford.
- Introductory Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Social Psychology of Performance
- Social Psychology of the Self
- Statistics and Methods
- The Science of Happiness
Department of Psychology
One Trinity Place
San Antonio, Texas 78212
- Phone: (210) 999-8384
- Fax: (210) 999-8386